Making a reservation
- You don’t need a reservation for individual training in one of the USC gyms, for courses and for competitions.
- For all other sports and classes, including classes in the gyms like synrgy, abs and fitness circuit, you do need a reservation.
- You can make a reservation – provided that there’s a free spot – until the start of a class or training.
- You can make a reservation 6 days in advance.
- You can have 3 active reservations for the upcoming 6 days. Exept for tennis and padel, where the limit is 2. As soon as your first reservation is over, you can make a new one. So, you can work out more than 2 or 3 times a week (if there are free spots)!
- The number of reservations is unlimited on the day itself. Except for squash, tennis and padel, where there is a max. of 1 reservation per day.
- For single court rent in squash, beachvolleybal, tennis and padel other reservation rules apply. Check the sport page to find out what those rules are.
- You can choose how to enter USC facilities: with your finger scan or with the My USC Amsterdam app. Download the app: Android and iOS.
- At some locations there’s no finger scan, you can only use the app in that case.
- If you use the My USC Amsterdam app, you can easily scan the QR code on the access gates or at other spots at the USC locations.
- Couldn’t get yourself checked in? Let the trainer/instructor know. He/she will check you in.
- Please note: you’re responsible for your own check-in. If you aren’t checked in, we’ll register a no show.
Climbing and bouldering
- For climbing and bouldering, you book an entry time – for example from 17.00 to 17.30 – during which you can enter.
- You can enter half an hour before the start of your entry time, with the exception of the first slot of the day. After your entry time, you can no longer enter. Have you booked an entry time from 17.00 to 17.30, this means you can enter between 16.30 and 17.30.
- Are you too late? We’ll register a no show. You can however directly book the next entry time (if there are free spots). If you do so, you can start training immediately, since you can enter half an hour before the start of your entry time.
- There is no end time, so you can work out as long as you like (although, we are going to bed at some point…).
Group classes and training sessions
- For group classes and training sessions (for example basketball and martial arts) you can enter half an hour before the start of the class/training you booked. You can’t enter the studio or sports hall this early yet. At USC Body & Mind you can enter 10 minutes before the start of the class.
- If you enter more than half an hour before the start of a class/training, e.g. because you’re hitting the gym before, make sure to scan the QR-code in the studio/hall or ask the teacher to check you in. You’re not automatically checked in for your class/training if you enter through the access gates more than half an hour before the start.
- If your workout is outdoors or in a room that you don’t enter through the access gates, make sure to scan the QR-code at the USC location or in the studio/hall, or to check in with the teacher.
- Make sure you’re on time for classes/training sessions, you’re disrupting the class/training when you’re too late. At USC Body & Mind the door closes at the start of the class, so you can’t get in when you’re late.
Cancelling and no show fee
- Cancel up to one hour before the start of your reservation (but earlier is encouraged!).
- Are you not cancelling (on time)? Then you risk a no show fee of €3,-.
- Of course, it can happen that you forget to cancel by accident. That’s why we only give a warning the first time it happens.
- Are you not showing up another time while you made a reservation (within 3 months of your first warning)? You’ll receive a no show fee.
- Are you not paying the no show fee? In that case you can’t make a reservation/work out for 2 weeks.
- Your no show fee doesn’t end up on the big USC company pile. Check in which sports goal we’re investing the no show fee income.
- The no show fee doesn’t apply to fitness (individual training in one of the USC gyms), courses and competitions.
- For single court rent in squash, beachvolleybal, tennis and padel other cancellation rules apply. Check the sport page to find out what those rules are.
- Training at USC is at your own responsibility. USC cannot be held liable for injuries, theft, and loss or deprivation of belongings.
- Store all your belongings in lockers (or other designated areas).
- Be aware that lockers will be emptied every evening after closing time.
- You can use the lockers for free, but if you lose your key, you’ll have to pay a €15,00 fee to buy a new one.
- Make sure to wear clean sports shoes that don’t leave marks on the sports floors.
- Only enter the mats in the dojo barefoot or with shoes specifically designed for this purpose.
- Do not make phone calls in the sports halls.
- Taking pictures in USC buildings during your training is fine. But make sure to take good care of your surroundings when taking pictures or videos. Do not take pictures or videos of people without their permission.
- In the sauna, wearing a bathing suit is mandatory. Underwear or sports clothing is not sufficient.
- If you act offensively or obnoxiously, or if you approach others in an inappropriate way, you will – depending on the situation – either get a warning or your membership will be terminated.
- You report any defects to the property or materials directly to an employee. You accept that you will be charged for damage caused by you.
- USC makes use of cameras. The images are accessible to USC. This is in the interest of your own and others’ safety.
- In case you break the house rules, you can be requested to leave the building by USC staff.
- USC will report legal offenses to the police.
- You can hand in or pick up lost and found objects at the front desk. If objects are not collected within three weeks, USC will donate them to charity.
- Eating in the sports accommodation isn’t allowed, with the exception of the restaurant/café.
- Only drink from closable cups such as bottles.
- For promotional activities within the sports accommodation, such as distributing flyers or putting up posters, you ask permission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the instructions of USC staff at all times.
- Bringing pets into the sports accommodation isn’t allowed, except for guide dogs.
- Follow directions given by staff members.
- Leave your workout station clean and orderly.
- Bring a clean towel to sit on, use paper and spray for cleaning.
- Do not bring jackets, bags, helmets, etc. into the sports areas – use a locker.
- Share equipment.
- Wear closed, clean sports shoes.
- Shoes off is allowed at the abs mat and calisthenics area, but keep your socks on.
- Shoes off is allowed at the platforms, but wear deadlift slippers instead (we sell them at the front desk).
- Bare feet, sandals or flipflops are not allowed.
- Use collars on loaded barbells.
In the event of circumstances where these regulations aren’t applicable, the management will decide.