No show fee: what are we doing with it?
Maybe you always cancel nice and on time, maybe you’re paying no show fees non-stop. Either way: this is what we’re going to do with it!
Why the no show fee?
Not everyone who makes a reservation actually shows up. That’s a bummer, especially because another USC member would have loved to use that spot. With this no show fee, we hope to motivate you a little to cancel on time.
How does the no show fee work?
Made a reservation, but can’t make it? Make room for someone else!
- Cancel up to one hour before the start of your reservation (but earlier is encouraged!).
- Are you not cancelling (on time)? You risk a no show fee of €3,-.
- Of course, it can happen that you forget to cancel by accident. That’s why we give a kind warning the first time it happens.
- Are you not showing up another time while you made a reservation (within 3 months of your first warning)? You’ll receive a no show fee.
- Are you not paying the no show fee? That is also possible, but it means you can’t make any reservations for two weeks – and therefore you can’t work out.
What are we doing with the no show fee?
We don’t want the extra income from the no shows to end up on the big company pile (which is actually not that big at the moment…). That’s why we are investing the no show fee income in a separate sports goal.
During the corona crisis it became very clear: sports is super important. And when it’s not allowed to work out indoors, you guys go outside en masse. Pretty logical, because that’s way nicer than working out in your tiny room at home. Our bouldering block has never been used so much, and the fitness equipment in parks was used extensively as well. That’s why we would like to expand our outdoor facilities at Universum with a fitness container and 3×3 basketball court. This way we can always offer you sports! Your no show fees will contribute to all this – that way you get something cool out of it.
Other funding outdoor sports facilities
If we’d have to fund the outdoor sports facilities with just the no show fee, it would take a really long time to realise. Therefore we are very grateful for the funding we are receiving from Amsterdam University Fund and Matrix Innovation Center.
Once these outdoor sports facilities have been realized, the no show fee income will be used for a new USC sports purpose.