Running with your fellow students, teachers and colleagues. Through the IJ-tunnel. With drinks in Zaandam afterwards!
Why run with the UvA Damloop team?
- Your registration for the 10 EM (16.1 km) on Sunday 18 September 2022 will be arranged
- Free training sessions by running coach Frank
- Training schedules for any goal
- Including UvA running shirt
- Free drinks at our very own tent in the Dampark after the run
- You’ll run with a fun team!
Want to join?
You can join the UvA Damloop team when you’re a student, employee or alumnus at UvA. Not sure if you are? Send an email to email@example.com.
- Students UvA: €25,-
- Employees and alumni UvA: €35,-
- Including: starting bib, UvA running shirt, training sessions and schedules, and drinks in Zaandam after the run
Join the team
I signed up, now what?
Hi Damloop runner!
Here, you will find the final information about the Dam tot Damloop. So, read it carefully.
The weather is looking a less optimistic than we had hoped. Make sure you dress accordingly and perhaps bring a dry set of clothes for after the run. We will hand out plastic poncho’s to keep you dry.
Shirt and start number
In case you weren’t able to pick up your start number and shirt on Tuesday or Wednesday, then you’ll have another chance to do so on Sunday before the start at Hanneke’s Boom.
Meet-up before the start
We will meet up at Hanneke’s Boom, close to Central Station. You can arrive from 11.00 onwards. Hanneke’s Boom will be open, but purchases will be at your own expenses. At 11:20, we will take a cool team picture of all of us together. Then, at 11:40 our trainer Frank will take the group past clothing collection and to our place on the starting grid. IMPORTANT: Do not forget your clothing collection bag. Also make sure to stick the provided corresponding number on it. No other bags will be accepted for collection. We will start from area 5 (Yellow) at 12:30. Starting earlier than 12.30 is not possible, later is. But it’s of course more fun to start together as a team!
There will be pacers running with our group. They will be indicators for the following time goals: 1.15 (4.50/km), 1.20 (4.58/km), 1.25 (5.17/km) en 1.30 (5.35/km).
Finish in Zaandam and our tent D1 at Dampark
After the finish in Zaandam, you can collect your clothing. Then, come find us in our own USC tent on Dampark for some refreshments. Drinks and snacks provided are included in your ticket. Attached to this email you will find a map of Dampark. You can find our HvA/UvA tent at D1.
There will be busses that can take you back to Amsterdam Central Station.
Matching your name to your start number
All our starting numbers are now registered to my colleague who ordered them. Don’t worry, we will match your name to your start number after the Damloop. So, it might take some time before we send you your results. We will send them out as soon as they have been processed.
We look forward to seeing you on the 18th of September!
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Damloop, feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a fast runner? Sign up for the USC competition team!
In order to be considered for the team, you must be able to run the 10EM in under 01:00:00 if you’re a man and in under 01:10:00 if you’re a woman. Interested in joining the team? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Join the free training sessions with running coach Frank Aarts. The training sessions are for runners at any level: beginners who want to complete their first Damloop to experienced runners.
All training sessions start at 19.00h, and end around 20.30h. Besides a warming-up and cooling-down, the sessions consist of exercises, technique training, interval and strength.
- Tuesday 7 June 2022, 19.00 | USC Universum | theme: start with the preparations
- Thursday 30 June 2022, 19.00 | USC Amstelcampus | theme: running technique
- Tuesday 12 July 2022, 19.00 | USC Universum | theme: cadence
- Thursday 25 August, 19.00 | USC Amstelcampus | theme: Damloop pace
- Tuesday 6 September, 19.00 | Westerpark | theme: hill training & Damloop tips and preparation
Do you have a certain goal you want to specifically train for? Or do you just want to finish the run, but can you use some guidelines? You can find all training schedules for different goals here.
- Streeftijd 1u08 – 1u15 Periode 1 (16-05 tm 26-06)
- Streeftijd 1u13 – 1u20 Periode 1 (16-05 tm 26-06)
- Streeftijd 1u18 – 1u28 Periode 1 (16-05 tm 26-06)
- Streeftijd 1u25 – 1u35 Periode 1 (16-05 tm 26-06)
- Streeftijd 1u35 – 1u40 Periode 1 (16-05 tm 26-06)
- Doel Uitlopen Periode 1 (16-05 tm 26-06)
- Streeftijd 1u08 – 1u15 Periode 2 (27-06 tm 07-08)
- Streeftijd 1u13 – 1u20 Periode 2 (27-06 tm 07-08)
- Streeftijd 1u18 – 1u28 Periode 2 (27-06 tm 07-08)
- Streeftijd 1u25 – 1u35 Periode 2 (27-06 tm 07-08)
- Streeftijd 1u35 – 1u40 Periode 2 (27-06 tm 07-08)
- Doel Uitlopen Periode 2 (27-06 tm 07-08)